Certamine

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A general rp site that welcomes multiple characters and encourages you to switch between them so you can have the most fun possible as you rp.

3 posters

Thade: The Beginner

Thade

Experience : 19

Thade: The Beginner Empty Thade: The Beginner

Post by Thade Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:06 pm

Name: Thade
    Nickname: Thade
    Race: Human

Hair Style: Medium length
    Hair Color: Black
    Eye Color: Black
    Eye Color: Brown
    Clothing: Blue jeans and a black hoodie.

Personality: Calm and understanding
    Strengths: He does what he has to.
    Weaknesses: Hates being looked down on.
    Hobbies: Mastering his powers

Powers: Thade is capable of placing markings which allow him to influence what ever is above or connected to the marking.
    -note I'll explain this through techs. I'm basically a mage.
    History: ??? I'll explain this through RP
    Bloo
    Bloo
    Admin

Experience : 160

Thade: The Beginner Empty Re: Thade: The Beginner

Post by Bloo Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:28 pm

Approved, but until you have a more clear explanation of your power you won't be able to use it.
    Thade

Post by Thade Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:35 pm

Name: Thade
    Nickname: Thade
    Race: Human

Hair Style: Medium length
    Hair Color: Black
    Eye Color: Black
    Eye Color: Brown
    Clothing: Blue jeans and a black hoodie.

Personality: Calm and understanding
    Strengths: He does what he has to.
    Weaknesses: Hates being looked down on.
    Hobbies: Mastering his powers

Powers: Thade is capable of using invisible marks as his main form of an attack, they're extremely versatile allowing him to hurt, absorb, or teleport something if he chooses to. Marks cannot be removed from the opponent unless the opponent hits him while they are infected with one.
    History: ???

Is this better?
    Avytrius
    Avytrius
    Admin

Experience : 114

Post by Avytrius Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:22 am

Do these marks become placed through physical contact?
    Thade

Post by Thade Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:37 am

They will always have to touch the opponent to be applied to them.
    Avytrius
    Avytrius
    Admin

Post by Avytrius Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:48 am

Okay, what I meant to ask was if you have to touch them to place the marking, or can you just launch the mark across a medium?
    Thade

Post by Thade Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:50 am

I would be capable of doing both. Is there anything that bothers you specifically about this power?
    Avytrius
    Avytrius
    Admin

Post by Avytrius Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:20 am

We aren't a big fan of invisible.

So...here's what I'd like to say on it.

-Marks are visible.
    -Marks disappear as soon as they are used. I.E. if you place a mark on someone then hurt them, it's gone.
    -Marks are not applied if the defending player's current Endurance ≥ your Focus.
    -Marks can be removed by the defending player with an action so long as their Focus ≥ your Focus.

So far the damage and teleportation parts of it are approved. The absorption part of your power is not really fleshed out or detailed enough to get a ruling. Could you please explain?
    Thade

Post by Thade Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:51 am

Avytrius wrote:We aren't a big fan of invisible.

-Marks are visible.
    -Marks disappear as soon as they are used. I.E. if you place a mark on someone then hurt them, it's gone.
    -Marks are not applied if the defending player's current Endurance ≥ your Focus.
    -Marks can be removed by the defending player with an action so long as their Focus ≥ your Focus.

So far the damage and teleportation parts of it are approved. The absorption part of your power is not really fleshed out or detailed enough to get a ruling. Could you please explain?
    -I agree with keeping the marks visible thats fair.
    -Marks disappearing would defeat the purpose of my abilities, they do not deal a D.O.T, the whole "staying part" is for a set up. I'd like this part to stay.
    -I'd like to change this to they aren't applied if they don't do damage. If for some reason the tank chooses to dodge, instead of reflecting it means I forced them into that situation. I think I should be rewarded if I can do this, not punished. The mark staying is a on hit effect.
    -Marks being able to be removed so easily would defeat a lot of strategy and it seems like a lot of effort in order to be able to use my abilities. I have already provided a lot of counter play to avoid the mark in the first place. I'll elaborate on this

First theres the problem of landing a mark theres 2 ways I could do this
    1.)
    I could Launch an attack or Counter an attack. (2 Options in total 1 per scenario ) and
    The opponent can either Dodge, Counter attack, Negate, or simply Tank it providing you have enoughs stats to do so (4 options), or if its a counter attack dodge. Notice you're given plenty of options to deal with my ability. In both scenarios, the opponent has a way to deal with the ability. I'm not gimping them in anyway

2.) They're hit and have to deal with my status effect.
    If they're allowed to use the universal debuff remover on a power, they would be able to waste my tech uses by sacrificing something that has has no cooldown. Not to mention this would imply you're allowed to remove all other debuffs/DoT's using this method.

3.) I'm still allowing a weakness to my power, I'm allowing the opponent to return it to me. I just don't want to give it away for free. If I use my tech uses to apply it, you should have to use your tech uses to remove it.

Taking all these factors into account I think i've provided my opponent with enough ways to beat my power.
    Thade

Post by Thade Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:54 am

and the absorbing thing is just a way to negate an attack. If I plan to use it in a more advanced way I'll probably put it in a tech that you can approve/disapprove for later : )
    Avytrius
    Avytrius
    Admin

Post by Avytrius Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:02 pm

Your second point is false; traditionally this isn't something everyone can do. It usually applies to grappling or restricting actions (Focus ≥ Focus / Strength ≥ Strength). To be completely honest your power does have a bit more counterplay, but that is because of the nature of your ability and the advantages it provides.

Your power is to affect things through marks you place upon persons and objects. If your mark is on a person, and you decide to use it to damage them, how are they to react? Most often, they wouldn't be able to at all. Your ability allows you strategical autohits if the person can't figure out a way to react to it.

In addition, as I already told you, they need an action to remove it, and if you choose a type/specialization that increases your Focus, they still need more Focus than yours to remove it. If you don't see the advantages in that, then you have a lot to learn.

Finally, you say they have the power to return it to you...but it's not as if they can do anything with it. If you place a mark on them and then damage them, they have a hard time reacting. If they return a mark to you...they can do nothing with it.

So the overall judgment? No. I do appreciate you are willing to stand up and defend your power, but realize I put a lot of consideration into my judgment and even consulted the rest of the administration team with it. My conditions on the approval of your power are final.

On the last note, until you plan to do something more elaborate with the absorption part of your power, it can only be used to negate attacks (100% vs 100%).
    Thade

Post by Thade Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:35 pm

Avytrius wrote:Your second point is false; traditionally this isn't something everyone can do. It usually applies to grappling or restricting actions (Focus ≥ Focus / Strength ≥ Strength). To be completely honest your power does have a bit more counterplay, but that is because of the nature of your ability and the advantages it provides.

Your power is to affect things through marks you place upon persons and objects. If your mark is on a person, and you decide to use it to damage them, how are they to react? Most often, they wouldn't be able to at all. Your ability allows you strategical autohits if the person can't figure out a way to react to it.

In addition, as I already told you, they need an action to remove it, and if you choose a type/specialization that increases your Focus, they still need more Focus than yours to remove it. If you don't see the advantages in that, then you have a lot to learn.

Finally, you say they have the power to return it to you...but it's not as if they can do anything with it. If you place a mark on them and then damage them, they have a hard time reacting. If they return a mark to you...they can do nothing with it.

So the overall judgment? No. I do appreciate you are willing to stand up and defend your power, but realize I put a lot of consideration into my judgment and even consulted the rest of the administration team with it. My conditions on the approval of your power are final.

On the last note, until you plan to do something more elaborate with the absorption part of your power, it can only be used to negate attacks (100% vs 100%).
    O haha sorry I read something wrong

"-Marks disappear as soon as they are used. I.E. if you place a mark on someone then hurt them, it's gone."

I thought you wanted them to disperse as soon as I launched them, that was my mistake. I'd like to change on thing about this one though. I'd like the marks to disappear as soon as they're used IF they're on an opponent. Is this fair? Eg I teleport to a rock with a mark on it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:53 pm