A general rp site that welcomes multiple characters and encourages you to switch between them so you can have the most fun possible as you rp.

A Pleasant First Date

Bloo
    Admin

Experience : 160

A Pleasant First Date

Post by Bloo on Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:38 am

As Kaname and Asami were making their way into the city, he was sure to hide his face in his hood. He knew that Ares had known at least some stuff about him, so he had to try and act a little out of character to keep up their cover. This was surprisingly easy for him, as doing things that a couple would normally do was definitely out of character for him, though it didn't feel it with Asami. He put his arm around her waist, pulling he close and slowing his pace, he glanced down a her with a genuine smile, one he rarely ever had. It was hard to be genuinely happy in this world, where people all wanted to use you, or to abuse you, but when he looked down at Asami, he smiled. Granted to her, it'd just look like a smile, because all smiles looked the same, but he knew that it was deeper than that.

"I think we should just hang around here for a little while so we can build our cover and do some scouting before we start. Just make it look like ya love me, alright? I know I can make that difficult, but I think we can pull it off as long as DiCaprio doesn't have an Emmy."

Kaname laughed a bit, trying to lighten the mood between them. He knew it was business, but he also knew that he'd wanted more from their relationship. He'd made that clear enough last night, he thought to himself with a small smile. He brought them over to an empty bench that was by a beautiful pond. In the pond were a bunch of ducks that Kaname had paid little attention to. Animals were instinctively afraid of him. It probably had something to do with his power.

"So Asami, what can I do to make this the best first date you've ever been on? I'd hate to mess it up and become a tree somehow like all your other suitors."

He remarked, jealousy creeping into his tone at the end of that sentence. He hated the thought of her having anyone else hit on her. He was possessive like that, and he'd already decided he wanted the girl to be his.

"This is a real date, right? I hope we're on the same page about that. I didn't want to make it awkward asking you out in front of your dad, but there was no way I was about to go that whole night and NOT ask you out..."

Kaname was blunt, as he had little experience dealing with women. He didn't want there to be any confusion.

{ Focus: 130 }{ Accuracy: 100 }{ Speed:100}{ Health:440 }
    Kaname Godfrey
    Kaname's Theme
    Scourge

Experience : 41

Re: A Pleasant First Date

Post by Scourge on Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:25 pm

Asami was happy to walk alongside Kaname without complaint or concern. After smiling up at Kaname warmly in return for a few minutes, she turned her head forward and rested her head on his shoulder, feeling all warm and fuzzy in his embrace.

"I don't think that will be too difficult~"

She cooed playfully as she stopped him and pulled him into a tight embrace. In a moment of childish fancy, she heard the sound of ducks quacking in the direction of the pond. Her pastel cyan eyes widened and a glowing smile turned up the corners of her lips. Her love for animals was mutual. As a toddler she had quite the affinity for making animals feel secure.

"You don't have to do anything special. Just be yourself!"

Asami bounded to the edge of the pond and crouched down, reaching her hand out and clicking with her tongue quietly. One by one, the ducks in the pond swam over in a leisurely manner and then waddled ashore, quacking and stretching their wings. Asami giggled and looked over her shoulder at Kaname as a runty white duck quacked and nipped her fingers, which didn't hurt. It actually tickled a bit.

"Silly, of course it's a real date. I don't get this dressed up for fake dates."

It was only half a joke. She had never been on a 'fake date' before, so she wouldn't know how she would've dressed had this been fake.
    Bloo
    Admin

Post by Bloo on Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:12 pm

Kaname was glad that the girl was seeming to have a good time on their date, and extra happy when she said that it was, in fact, a real date. He couldn't wipe the stupid grin off his face for a few moments. He shook it off- literally shaking his head to get his focus back. He did a quick glance around, remembering this was supposed to be a professional mission, but he wasn't doing a very good job at it.

"Glad to know we're on the same page. You should probably tell your dad that we're serious about this, y'know? He'll find out eventually anyway..."

Kaname stood up and took a step towards Asami, but immediately stopped when the duck that had been nibbling on her scurried away. He froze there for a second, frowning deeply as he realized that he'd caused that. It was a subtle reminder to him that the girl, Asami obviously, was totally different from him. She was innocent. She was lovable. She was kind. He was scary, cold, and most of all, extremely unlovable. He glanced away, breaking eye contact with her for fear that she might be able to read his mind if he didn't.

"...sorry, animals don't like me. I think it's my power that scares them."

Kaname took a few steps back, letting the ducks return to the girl. He sat back down, staring at the ground, feeling a little dejected at the damned ducks. He realized how stupid that sounded, but he didn't care.

"So, Asami Sinaura, what's a sweet girl like you doing in this life anyway? I'm guessing your family isn't too shocked to be finding themselves in a situation like... this, y'know? How do you fit into a crazy family like that? You're sweet and innocent and all that, even though you know more evil thn most people would ever see in their whole life. You didn't bat an eye or hesitate to take on those soldiers to save my life... thanks for that, by the way. But still... you don't seem like the type of person who would be in situation like this..."

Kaname hoped he wasn't being offensive. He just didn't think she fit in to all this. They were planning a full on war here, and she was the sweetest little girl in the middle of it. Kaname's been a sick killer his whole life, he felt right at home in a situation like this... but she was different. He just couldn't put his finger on it.

Kaname Godfrey
    Kaname's Theme
    Scourge

Post by Scourge on Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:31 pm

Asami watched as the ducked hurried away upon Kaname's approach, and then return upon his retreat. After a moment of quiet contemplation she scooped up the duck closest to her, which happened to be the one who had been nibbling on her, and gingerly held it's wings. All creatures tended to feel safer when they were swaddled, it was a matter of simple instinct.

Easing over to Kaname, she spoke quietly to the runty duck, who eventually even managed to crane out it's neck and nibble on Kaname's jacket sleeve experimentally. Asami grinned and giggled, holding the duck gently as she replied.

"My dad isn't very bloodthirsty. He fights when he has to, and he fights for all the right reasons."

She spoke proudly of her father, shoulders set, and then continued.

"My Aunt Shugo... the one who was growling at you... well..."

Asami trailed off, trying to construct a non-offensive way to say it.

"She would start a fight with anyone that looked sideways at her. Granted she can stop drinking and shooting herself up with drugs long enough to fight for the right reasons sometimes... but still..."

That was the best she could do for her Aunt. Offering a sheepish smile, Asami glanced down at the duck and murmured.

"I've been trained... y'know. I've been trained since I could walk. My dad is the best teacher anyone could ask for, and thanks to that I can fight even without my powers."

Asami lowered her voice towards the end when she mentioned powers, but soon perked up to say.

"I'm more like my mother anyway! She's the prettiest and nicest woman on this planet!"

Asami nodded fervently and then set down the duck, who waddled back to the water lazily.
    Bloo
    Admin

Post by Bloo on Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:55 am

Kaname raised a suspicious eyebrow as the girl picked up the smaller duck and started carrying it over to him. The mama duck followed skeptically, wondering what was going on with her child like a concerned parent normally would. The little duck started nibbling on his jacket, and Kaname smiled at it as Asami spoke of her father.

"Everyone fights for the right reasons. Only from different perspectives."

Kaname said softly, looking towards the mother who was watching the baby duck with an intense stare of protectiveness that made Kaname smile again.

"Your Aunt Shugo seemed like such a nice person though, how could she be unpleasant at all?"

Asami went on to talk about her family and how she grew up a little more, saying her dad trained her to defend herself since she was little. She looked up to him, it was easy to see. Then she went on to describe her mother for the first time since he'd met her, which Kaname found interesting. She sounded like a kind, wonderful woman, but Kaname wondered if he'd ever be able to meet her.

"Gonna have to introduce me to your mother sometime, she sounds nice."

Kaname felt obligated to share his childhood a little bit too, considering he had pried a little bit into hers. He point his finger in the distance, there was a nice neighborhood, their view of it obscured by a large tree.

"I grew up over there."

He said simply. He wasn't trying to hide anything, but he didn't want to kill the mood with his own life story.

Kaname Godfrey
    Kaname's Theme
    Scourge

Post by Scourge on Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:18 pm

She watched the ducks return to the water, assured that they were all safely back where they were most comfortable, Asami returned her affectionate gaze to Kaname's face. She laughed at his jesting, and then looked towards the direction indicated. She tilted her head.

"You should show me around there sometime."

It seemed that Kaname wasn't interested in talking about his past, so she wasn't about to press the subject. Humming softly, Asami sat down on the grass, her legs out in front of her frame and her arms behind her, propping herself up. She leaned onto one hand, using the now free one to pat the ground beside her, amused. She then looked out at the pond, and the ducks.

She tucked her hair behind her ear and drew in a long, slow breath, releasing it in the form of a relaxed sigh. Sure, they would have to get going soon, but she was happy to enjoy the peace and quiet while they had it. Soon enough she was sure that things would get a bit more hectic as they moved to collect information without being recognized.

Then again, she doubted Ares had seen her on the cameras, it had all happened so fast, and the two soldiers certainly weren't doing any tattling. However... a seed of doubt was forming in the pit of her stomach. Maybe she should have dyed her hair... or at least worn a hat.
    Bloo
    Admin

Post by Bloo on Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:37 pm

Asami asked him to show her around where he grew up sometime, and he chose not to mention that he was pointing at the tree, not the neighborhood... but she seemed to realize that he wasn't very interested in talking about it and dropped it. She sat in the grass, he wasn't sure why, he thought the bench was comfortable, but she seemed the type who would want to sit closer to the pond and near the animals and just bask in all of it. He had to be honest. That was probably what drew him to her. He sat in the free spot next to her where she was patting. He instinctively leaned into her, liking the feel of her near him.

"Yeah, I'll make sure to do that sometime."

He said, putting his arm around her shoulder and pulling her tightly into him. He leaned down so he was close to her face before whispering softly.

"I count three cameras in the park. One's in the tree over there by the neighborhood where I just pointed. One's on the streetlight behind us, next to the light itself... and the third is right in front of us, I'm just out of its range. See that tall grass next to the pond. It's right in there."

Kaname whispered into her ear, then gave her a quick kiss on the cheek before loosening his hold. If anyone asked, he'd probably insist that he did that for their cover, because they were so close to the camera, but in reality he couldn't wipe the smile off his face after kissing her. It gave him butterflies in his stomach, a statement he'd just now started to understand.

"I don't know how you wanted to take them out, but we should do it in a way that removes them all at once, so they can't tell right away that we did it. They may think it's just a power outage, which would give us time to leave before they investigate."

Kaname Godfrey
    Kaname's Theme
    Scourge

Post by Scourge on Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:48 pm

She flushed like a bashful schoolgirl. That might help with their cover as well, with his face so close to hers... well... what girl in her right mind wouldn't be blushing like a fool? Smiling softly, she listened to his words, to anyone else it would seem like he was whispering lovey-dovey things that would make her smile the way she did, but she retained every ounce of information that he relayed.

He kissed her cheek, and she felt a small surge of energy. Strange. Unintentionally, she had just used her power on Kaname. Once she figured out what she had done, she pulled back, blinking slightly. Biting her lip, she severed the disabling connection quickly and murmured a soft apology.

For the first time she realized that this wasn't the first time she had used her powers without noticing. She would have to get a handle on that, and quickly. Smiling, she replied in a low tone.

"Use your powers."

She glanced towards the pond, then at the cameras. Her hand reached up and she played with a lock of his hair, humming nonchalantly. This time, she made sure to keep a grip on her own powers, so as not to foil the plan.

"Short circuit them."

Asami suggested with a mischievous glint in her pastel cyan eyes.
    Bloo
    Admin

Post by Bloo on Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:02 pm

The short loss of power shocked Kaname much like the last time. Luckily it didn't take as long as last time for them to return. He glanced to Asami, wondering exactly what that was. He wasn't angry, just a little... intimidated, by her power. He'd come to learn how weak he was without his.

"Anything for you, mademoiselle."

He said softly, closing his eyes for a moment, trying to feel the electrical currents flowing. It didn't take long, and he quickly hastened their flow, though he may have overdone it a bit. There were three small explosions that went off like fireworks in broad daylight. Each right where the cameras were. Not only that, but if they looked around, they could see that the lights in nearby buildings were flickering and sputtering. Kaname scratched the back of his head and let out an awkward laugh.

"I guess I overdid it a bit. Electricity is a delicate thing to play with..."

Kaname released Asami, then pushed himself up. Once he was standing he offered his hand to Asami, to help her up. He gave a friendly smile, letting her know their date wasn't over.

"We should leave here, as much as I hate to say it. Don't worry though, there's a lot more to this date. I'm kinda hungry. How about you?"

Kaname Godfrey
    Kaname's Theme
    Scourge

Post by Scourge on Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:08 pm

She found a strange amount of amusement in the explosion of the three cameras. It was funny. The Ares she had seen whilst she had been peeking around the corner of the alley had been a confident man. Now it seemed that he was perhaps too confident. He would be easy to deal with, especially with all the powers against him. Beaming, Asami giggled and took his hand.

While still holding his hand, she stood. Smiling, she gave his hand an affirmative squeeze before answering.

"Famished!"

She was over-exaggerating, but hey, why bother being mundane now that things were already this exciting?

Her eyes briefly wandered to the cameras, which were now reduced to sparking, smoking hunks of metal. Confident, she rolled her shoulder and raised her chin to meet his gaze.

"Let's get out of here before the fuzz shows up."
    Bloo
    Admin

Post by Bloo on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:16 pm

Kaname raised an eyebrow at her giggling, not sure what was so funny, but he forgot about it when she squeezed his hand. He started leading them away from the park, away from the city. He wasn't positive where he was going, he had a few stops in mind but he wasn't sure if he'd be able to make it to all of them. At the first sign that they'd been discovered, they'd need to leave. He was pretty sure of that.

"Alright. Then Let's take care of that. Does a picnic sound good to you? I don't really wanna eat in on a nice day like this."

He asked casually as he pulled her close, trying to look as casual as possible so nobody around would be able to identify them. That, and he really wanted to keep her close. He liked being near her more than almost anything to be honest. She made him feel at home, which was nice because he's never had a home.

Kaname Godfrey
    Kaname's Theme

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:53 pm