A general rp site that welcomes multiple characters and encourages you to switch between them so you can have the most fun possible as you rp.

The Road to Nowhere

RoyLancaster
    Admin

Experience : 120

Re: The Road to Nowhere

Post by RoyLancaster on Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:19 pm

I said nothing, but to make a point, I shifted my face and body structure to copy that of Mister Head of the House. To make it interesting, I copied him from earlier, 'cuz I finally remembered him. The clothes are always a bit difficult, but since I've figured out how to make clothing out of completely organic (human) material, the only rough part was figuring out the right dyes.

I squeaked a couple times as I adjusted the vocal cords to match his voice. Once I got them the first time, I'd be good, but the first time was the hard part. It took me maybe thirty seconds and about four squeaks before I got the voice right.

Having fully morphed into the red-headed soldier I saw before, I said I didn't think about this aspect. Good idea. Mind games, bro.

I just stayed like that for a while.

Chuck's Theme
    Bloo
    Admin

Experience : 160

Post by Bloo on Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:32 pm

Kaname listened to the rules carefully, and couldn't see any problems with them. He was a little annoyed at the last one, but it was fair and he knew that. He just hated the idea of having to take help from someone. Especially a stranger, though everyone was kind of a stranger to Kaname. He never had a vast array or friends.

"Your terms are fair enough. I appreciate the help, Kyte."

Kaname was starting to feel the fatigue of the day hit him. The pain of his wounds were long gone, but the draining it had on him was very real, and he imagined he'd get a very nice nights sleep. He stretched a little, enjoying the release of tension as Roy morphed and Kyte asked about his powers.

"I control the wind."

Kaname lied. Not because he didn't trust Kyte or anything like that, but if one of them got captured and Ares got to interrogating... information eventually came out, and it was probably best to have knowledge divided amongst the group, so if one of them was caught all would not be lost. Kaname would try to introduce this concept even more the further along this war got. Next he turned his attention to Shugo, who was now being civil, probably because she realized she was being ignored. Kaname was glad to see that she had a head on those shoulders, and wasn't just an admittedly pretty face. They needed smarts.

"I imagine that they do have a power suppression field around wherever they are, but that doesn't mean that the dog would be useless. As he got closed to the base, his power would waver and you could use that to pinpoint their headquarters... unless..."

Kaname paused a second, his mind going into overdrive. He remained silent for a second, trying to remember everything that happened in the alley, all the little details.

"...Asami, did you feel the power suppression field effect you when you were in it?"

Kaname wondered why the man would need to know what their abilities were like if he had a field to stop all abilities. It seemed like useless information... right? Unless he needed it to get the device to work. Kaname let out a slight laugh, amazing himself with how much they'd been able to figure already. This commander wouldn't know what hit him.

{ Focus: 130 }{ Accuracy: 100 }{ Speed:100}{ Health:440 }
    Kaname Godfrey
    Kaname's Theme
    Scourge

Experience : 41

Post by Scourge on Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:11 pm

Shugo narrowed her eyes at Kaname, holding her frame stiff and motionless. Civil, she could manage, but friendly? No. Instead of replying, she looked sideways at Asami, and then back at Kanami.

"If you two don't reek of teenage urges I don't know who does."

It was backhanded and uncalled for, but she didn't care. Shugo didn't want, or need more friends. Kyte probably wasn't going to be happy about her comment either, but again... no cares given. It was all a reminder that she wasn't aiming to be friendly.

"If this doesn't wrap up quick, then I am ditching this conversation for a hot date with a bottle of booze."

Shugo seemed hazy, and incredibly bored now.

- - -

Asami flushed and stammered at her Aunt's words.

"Auntie Shugo!"

She exclaimed, going beet red in the face. She made a point not to look at her father. Or Kaname. Or anyone for that matter. Wringing her hands in a slight panic, she stared at her feet.

This is embarrassing...

She dreaded the thought of making eye contact with anyone that was standing around.

Asami heard Kaname ask her about the powers whilst around the suppression device. She cleared her throat, and, with still rosy cheeks, she replied.

"No... I didn't feel any different."

She reached up and tucked a bit of hair behind her ear. Finally, she looked at Shugo.

"Why are you so mean all the time? Grouchy old hound..."

She huffed, crossing her arms beneath her chest. Her Aunt didn't need to be cruel just for the fun of it.
    Bloo
    Admin

Post by Bloo on Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:43 pm

Kaname was putting together pieces as fast as they came to the board, he was incredibly focused, but when the dog woman spoke again, he felt his train of thought just spiral out of control, and his eyes snapped to the source of the distraction with a glare. He glanced back at Asami, she looked cute in her embarrassment, Kaname couldn't help but note silently. Then his gaze shifted slightly to her father. It was a little awkward, because Kaname knew himself there was some serious truth to it, and her father could probably tell too.

"You can go back to silently standing there and growling now, woman. Your moment of intelligence has passed, though it was appreciated."

Kaname put his hand in his face, sighing in frustration at his thoughts being interrupted for such a petty and stupid reason. His exhaustion catching up to him and he really wasn't feeling like planning anymore. It's a shame, he was sure he was onto something. Then Asami said she didn't feel the suppression and his train of thought started again, albeit a little slower.

"...I think he has to have an idea of the power before he can suppress it. He may not be able to suppress everyone with the same field, which only makes sense since we all have different powers from different origins. So if me, or Kyte, just walk around the city we may be able to feel it's effects if we get near the headquarters."

Kaname leaned back against the tree, forcing his brain to keep thinking. They needed to have everything set perfectly for the next morning.

"So we'll just divide the work up. Kyte, you can help Roy take control of his company tomorrow at his meeting. He needs those people dealt with if we want to have his buildings as safe houses while we look for the cameras. You said you'd watch the city burn for your family, but hopefully we can settle for a few innocent deaths. I need to find someone and warn her about what's going on, so I can't do it. Then I'll just look for their cameras and their headquarters, secretly, hopefully. Asami can come with me, if she wants. It'd pay off to have more eyes looking for those cameras..."

Kaname's voice trailed off, he was trying not to say that he really wanted her to come with him. He did have an attraction to the girl, and would like the chance to get to know her. Shugo wasn't too far off, he guessed...

"But I think for tonight it's time to turn in. We need to be well rested if we want to do anything tomorrow."

He added, pushing off the tree and moving towards the house now. He was rather tired, and had a lot on his mind. Again, his eyes glanced to Asami...

Kaname Godfrey
    Kaname's Theme
    Avytrius
    Admin

Experience : 114

Post by Avytrius on Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:33 am

Kyte watched curiously as Roy actually shifted into the previous form he had displayed in the city; the one wearing a military uniform and blood red hair. Kyte looked him up and down, thoroughly impressed, before he even imitated his voice. Kyte grinned as he mentioned something about mind games.

Quite.

Kaname said that Kyte's terms were fair enough for him, and thanked him for the help. Kyte dipped his head slightly in welcoming. Kaname then said he controlled the wind. Kyte couldn't tell if he was lying or not. With Roy, Kyte had an entire scene to investigate, and Roy's answers just hadn't added up. For this, he had little to no detail, so he just shrugged it off.

His powers could be quite useful...

Kaname also mentioned that Shugo's wolf idea wouldn't be useless, because they could use Ezaopn to find out where the bases were. Kyte gave a brief nod, signifying that was also a good idea. It was then that Kaname had another thought, asking if Asami had felt the effects of the power suppression field.

Before she could really answer, Shugo made a remark about teenage urges between Asami and Kaname, saying that if they didn't finish this little meeting soon that she would go find another thing to drink. Kyte narrowed his eyes, bringing his full attention to Shugo as Kaname made a remark in return.

Shugo, I never asked you to be anyone's friend. But if he's trying to help our family, then the least you could do is keep those thoughts to yourself instead of warding off any help we could get.

Trust me, I'd like handling this on my own. But when a child moves faster than I do, and there is the mind of a child in a powerful position threatening my family, I need to cast off my pride to make sure nothing happens to us.

I'm sorry Kaname, Shugo and I aren't used to getting help from others.

Kyte returned his attention to Asami as she said she didn't feel anything while she was inside the field. She was also really embarrassed about Shugo's statement, which made Kyte's blood boil, but he didn't make any significant difference in his attitude or voice. Kaname drew the conclusion that Ares needed some idea of their powers before suppressing them.

He said Kyte should help Roy do his company thing, while he would go and get a friend of his away from the city. He said after that he could start looking for more cameras, and said Asami could come with him if she wanted.

...since every one of us would be out in the field, I guess we should take her with us anyways. Very well, Asami, if you so choose, you can go with Kaname, or Shugo, or me. Kaname, I'll do this thing for Roy, and you'll still get your money. I have no need for it.

I'd also like to talk to you a bit more after Sairen attunes you to stop the landmines from blowing up.

Sairen walked over, bowing slightly, before simply staring at Kaname for two seconds, and then sinking into the ground, disappearing.

Roy, if you plan on staying here, I need to hear you agree to my terms first.

Strength- 100 ♠️ Focus- 100 ♠️ Accuracy- 100 ♠️ Speed- 100 ♠️ Health- 400
    RoyLancaster
    Admin

Post by RoyLancaster on Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:04 am

To be completely honest, I had not been listening to a word anyone had said since I turned into the military man. I had slowly begun shifting back, changing for a while into this odd half-me, half-him form. I guess I needed complete concentration to maintain a transformation that serious.

But that wasn't my issue. It was what he had said.
    On two fronts... That produced an idea that I hadn't ever really considered before, but theoretically, it was plausible. The hardest part would be splitting the consciousness, but I thought maybe I could actually do that.

So I tried. My shoulders arched back, and I sort of cracked in a couple places. I slowly began to rip down the middle, both sides of me staggering away, quickly growing an appendage for balancing. It was a disgusting sight to behold, but within thirty seconds or so, there were two versions of me, standing, panting, outside this estate.

I had a headache. It was pounding. This was extremely abnormal, because I had shut off any cause for pain years ago. I hadn't felt pain since the day I was reborn. And yet, I had this headache. I assumed it had something to do with the split consciousness.

I looked over at myself, and he looked back at me. I raised my hand, and he slapped it, giving me a high five.
    Well... That worked. He said.

I stood up straight. The headache was already waning, which was good, and I could tell it was the same for the other me. After a moment's thought, I said I'll stay here with the crew, in case any further discussion occurs. He, well, you, should go ahead and go into the city and get ready for the board meeting.

He looked at me kinda strange, then said Yeah, I know, we already kinda made that plan. He pointed to his head, then pointed to mine, then back to his. I shrugged. Yeah, I know, I was just explaining, you know, to them.

We had an awkward staring moment, then he turned and left for the car. I stood and watched him, in a moment that was admittedly surreal. I was kind of jarred back into reality when I watched him get into the car, drive it for about ten seconds, then immediately crash into the nearest tree. Through the window, we could see that he was slumped, unconscious.

I take it back. That didn't work.

It was at that moment that I felt the severed part of my consciousness be removed entirely. Not just from me, but from existence. This did two things. It confirmed that the other me was dead and I was not yet powerful enough to split myself in two. It also made me fall to my knees, and then, prostrate, onto the ground, passed out in an instant.

Chuck's Theme
    Avytrius
    Admin

Post by Avytrius on Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:02 pm

OOC: All in favor of skipping Scourge in 8 hours?

Bloo
    Admin

Post by Bloo on Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:33 pm

Kaname stood quietly as Kyte apologized for the wolf lady, merely shrugging his shoulders in reply. If she wanted to take pot shots, Kaname could fire right back, and he didn't give a damn if she liked him in the same way that a farmer doesn't give a damn if his cows don't like him. Just a tool he needed to get to his objective, and in fact he thought of Shugo as expendable; though he'd never voice that opinion aloud, that'd probably be suicide with this close knit family. So he remained passive about the whole situation. Then Roy made an interesting display of power as Kyte said he'd agreed with Kaname's idea to bring Asami with one of them. He was a little disappointed that he gave her the option to go with Kyte himself, because he figured that she'd pick her father over him any day. He wasn't sure why that though upset him, but it did. Next, Roy's plan failed and he passed out on the ground right there.

"I think he agrees to your terms then. Or we could just let him sleep there. He looks cozy."

Kaname muttered as he slowly made his way to a clearing behind Kyte, figuring that whatever the father wanted to say to him, he'd wanted it to be private based on the fact that he was waiting for everyone to leave first. He stood in the clearing, waiting for Kyte to come over, that way they wouldn't need to wait on the girls to decide to leave.

Kaname Godfrey
    Kaname's Theme
    Avytrius
    Admin

Post by Avytrius on Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:02 am

Kyte watched Roy as he slowly started changing back, and then watched with obvious curiosity as he split himself in two, becoming two separate beings entirely. Or not. Kyte didn't know if they were actually separate beings, but the fact was Roy could be in two places at once, and that was highly advantageous to their cause.

However, it didn't seem to be that effective at this point, for after a small conversation between the two of them, one of them got into their car and promptly crashed into a tree, dying. After that, Roy remarked his failure, before collapsing, unconscious.

Well...that's disappointing. But the fact that he can change his appearance as he pleases means a lot less trouble already. Sairen, attune him, then carry him inside.

He then followed Kaname to a nearby clearing.

Thanks. I was wanting to talk to you about some details of your plan. I don't mind going to the meeting with Roy and killing those people, but I think it would be safer if you did that and I went to get your friend. In addition to their surveillance cameras, they'd probably be waiting for you. Ares has seen me before, but only with the red hair. My appearance is different now, so he won't be suspecting me. Although, it's your decision.

Scourge

Experience : 41

Post by Scourge on Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:20 am

Shugo was already headed back before the little meet up was even over. She didn't turn at the sound of the car crashing into a tree. Yawning, she absently glanced over her shoulder only to see where her brother had gone. It seemed he was speaking to that Kaname kid.

Tch...

She gritted her teeth, annoyed. Shugo's eyes flickered. She wanted to let off some steam, and now seemed to be a good a time as ever. Although at this point it seemed that her options were limited. She couldn't stray too far from the house, since she didn't need her powers being discovered by that preteen weirdo that had visited earlier.

Oh well... deer it is.

She mused dryly. Ezaopn appeared, gave a peeved huff about being dismissed prematurely only minutes ago, and then loped off into the shadows. Shugo follows nimbly after.

- - -

Asami watched with her head tilted, thinking through the plan that had been set forth. As her dad and Kaname were heading off to talk she called;

"I'll go with Kaname tomorrow! Night everyone!"

A cheerful smile pulled up the corners of her lips before she hurried back to the house.
    Bloo
    Admin

Post by Bloo on Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:02 pm

Kaname knew that Kyte had made a valid point, the guy was actually rather smart, he had to admit... but Kaname was actually kind of counting on Ares approaching him after he got Lady Death. He was interested to learn more about the mysterious commander and his army. He didn't want to voice this thought, not fond of admitting he was using himself as bait.

"You make a good point, but the friend I'm getting isn't exactly... Friendly to strangers. You'd probably be attacked on sight and blow your cover right away. So I'll go myself, use a cover. Maybe make it look like me and your daughter are just a couple of teens on a date, so we don't raise questions on the camera. I'll be sure to hide my face, too."

Kaname said, shoving his hands in his pockets and starting to make his way back towards the house, assuming that Kyte would buy his story. It had a lot of truth in it, to be fair.

Kaname Godfrey
    Kaname's Theme
    Avytrius
    Admin

Post by Avytrius on Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:08 am

Kyte listened to Kaname as he said his lady friend wasn't friendly to strangers, and that Kyte would probably be attacked on sight and blow his cover. He said he would take Asami there as if they were a couple so they wouldn't draw much attention. Kyte narrowed his eyes gently, but as long as he was being careful...

...very well. As long as you're being careful. But don't let Ares get anywhere near my daughter. Or that woman, if she's as aggressive as you say she is.

Asami could probably handle herself, but just in case. He walked back to the Manor with Kaname, Sairen walking next to Kyte silently as he carried Roy's body. When they reached the landmine field, nothing happened, for Sairen had already attuned their essences to the landmines. Sairen put Roy in a room, and Kyte showed Kaname to his, before going to his study to work on some things.

RoyLancaster
    Admin

Post by RoyLancaster on Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:24 pm

Yeah, the car was wrecked. However, if army man could still do what he had displayed before, that wouldn't be so much of a problem. The body might though, if we left it lying around. I placed my hand on his forehead and reabsorbed him into my own flesh. This left the suit, which I just tossed into the backseat as an extra set of clothing.

I hoped army man would arrive soon. The meeting wasn't too far off. If he dallied much, we wouldn't be able to make it in time. I tied my tie while waiting for him to appear, so we could set off. I developed a plan in my head as to what we would do once we got there. We would need mattress springs. Lots and lots of mattress springs.

Chuck's Theme
    Avytrius
    Admin

Post by Avytrius on Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:11 pm

Kyte didn't feel the need to announce his presence, as the car disconnected itself from the tree, taking a perfect shape again, but then reconfigured itself into another model, as Sairen appeared from a realm of shadow, replacing all of the windows and giving it a considerably quick paint job.

Sorry, Mr. Lancaster. I don't know if you felt any particular attachment to the car, but they saw it on the security tapes. While they may not have come after you last night, I don't want to take any chances. Look at the bright side...you're driving.

Kyte then got in on the passenger side wearing a business suit, making sure his hair wasn't out of place as he waited for Roy.

RoyLancaster
    Admin

Post by RoyLancaster on Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:59 am

Cool. I hopped into the driver's seat, taking off towards the city. Okay, here's my plan.

You're my intern. That's your in. You're a new hire, and I'm using this meeting as a way to test you out. Now, you control metal, right? So what I'll do is I'll bring in a bunch of mattress springs and complain about the quality. Even though I can take care of the security tapes myself so no one gets a hold of them, I still want you to kill me first, to make it look more like I had nothing to do with this. After all, how am I supposed to know you're a homicidal maniac with a power over metal?

That's just a precaution. More than likely, this won't get out at all. As for how to dispose of the bodies, well... What do you know about planes? And what do you think of the story of "Seven officials of local Mattress Company set off for vacation in private company plane, die in mysterious accident?" I think it sounds alright to me.

Chuck's Theme
    Avytrius
    Admin

Post by Avytrius on Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:42 pm

Roy actually appreciated the change of the car's model, not taking any offense in contrast to Kyte's anticipations. As Roy walked around to get in, Kyte reflected on how close Kaname was trying to get to his daughter, and the disrespect it meant to him in his own home. He was already starting to dig his own grave.

"Ten points from Gryffindor..." Kyte muttered lowly, as Roy got in on the driver's side and closed the door. Kyte really did like Kaname; he was a bit of a hothead, but he reminded Kyte of a much younger version of himself. Roy then began to explain his plan.

He said Kyte would be acting the part of Roy's intern to get in, undergoing a test by going to the meeting. Roy would bring in a load of seemingly faulty mattress springs, addressing their quality. Roy wanted Kyte to "kill" him first, so that his innocence was clear. He said it was only a precaution, and that they could dispose of the bodies in a plane crash. Roy asked what Kyte thought.

"And to think I was going to use pencils and pens. Do you mind when exactly I end their lives, or do you want me to wait for some kind of signal from you?"

RoyLancaster
    Admin

Post by RoyLancaster on Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:31 pm

Well, to be honest, it'll probably go something like this. Someone will start a fight, and then there'll be a massive amount of shouting at one another, and then nothing will get done. When this happens, you can probably take out at least three people before anyone even knows something's happening. I suggest you just look for an opportunity and take it. Since I won't be able to acknowledge this whole deal once we get in there, you'll be on your own. This is just a suggestion.

Chuck's Theme
    Avytrius
    Admin

Post by Avytrius on Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:35 pm

Roy said that more likely than not, the meeting would lead to a huge argument that would be nice and loud, therefore rendering the meeting non-productive at all. He said when that happened, he could take out three people before they even noticed. he also suggested Kyte find his own opportunity, since he wouldn't be able to talk to him until the deed was done.

So kill them at my leisure. Got it. Well, let's go do it, then.

Kyte prepared himself for the wait until they got to the city.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:48 pm