Certamine

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A general rp site that welcomes multiple characters and encourages you to switch between them so you can have the most fun possible as you rp.

5 posters

The Road to Nowhere

Avytrius
    Avytrius
    Admin

Experience : 114

The Road to Nowhere Empty The Road to Nowhere

Post by Avytrius Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:39 pm

Kyte deposited his hands into his pockets as he continued to walk down the dirt path. It was an old country road to the forest on the outskirts of Alacritas, and it lead to Kyte's family house in the forest. Kyte usually took a walk here, for most people didn't use it as a legitimate road anymore, and didn't drive down it.

Kyte contemplated all of the information he had learned today. The man in the flesh suit was certainly interesting.

And I didn't even get a name. How rude of me.

As Kyte kept walking and contemplating, the military suit he was wearing suddenly became engulfed in darkness, and changed into a pinstripe suit of a mafia style. The hat on his head also disappeared.

What's the next market expense I should look forward to...
    EventMaster
    EventMaster
    Admin

Experience : 15

The Road to Nowhere Empty Re: The Road to Nowhere

Post by EventMaster Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:10 pm

This dirt road may have been safe on any average day, but today was a little bit special. It definitely had something to do with the lone man walking in silence, anyone could figure that out. His silence was shattered with the roar of a large engine from up ahead of him. If he listened closely, he might be able to tell that it was more than just one engine. It was at least three. Surely enough, the darkness ahead of the man fled in terror as the sleek black military grade humvee tore through the road, kicking up dirt and debris in it's path as it now approached Kyte. The first one went a little past the demon before stopping, the next was just behind that, and the third slid to a stop in front of Kyte, blocking his path. There was a moment of silence before the car in the middles door popped open and immediately a harsh screech erupted across the forest. The sound was near debilitating to any unprotected ears, and even the demon Kyte would struggle with it, and he'd find that he can't use his powers after it hit him. Shortly after a combat boot hit the ground, and a short man in a trench coat stepped out. Immediately after his boots hit the ground, armed soldier seemed to crawl out of everywhere, the cars, the woods, the treetops. Lasers came from the end of their rifles all pointed at Kyte. When the short mans face came into view, Kyte would be able to see his uncovered identity.

The Road to Nowhere 6OnuolEdit_zps2aa0ccd0

"Hello there, citizen. I see you're out late. I'm sorry to have to be so rude in my introduction, but I'm Ares Ryker. Newly appointed commander of the Alacritas military. I don't know if you're aware, but we have cameras all through the town, and one of them saw something quite interesting. I'm sure you could guess what I'm talking about."

Commander Ares paused, looking around at his men with an expression that seemed like he was jut now noticing they were there at all. He gave a pleasant smile before turning back to Kyte.

"I was hoping that you'd be able to help us with something. We're trying to ensure the safety of our country, our city, and our people. In order to do that, I'd much appreciate it if you could... donate... a sample of your blood, and give us a nice and simple explanation of your power."
    Avytrius
    Avytrius
    Admin

Post by Avytrius Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:47 am

As Kyte continued strolling at a leisurely pace through the woods, he heard men in the trees. Their very breathing was privy to his ears, as were the cars a kilometer or two away. He heard three of them, specifically, and they sounded military duty; like a jeep, or a humvee. He decided to keep walking as if he didn't know, forming the chain on his necklace and some of the pendant itself into a small knife, which slid nicely fit into his inside pocket of the suit jacket.

Ignorance was bliss.

When they finally showed up to surround them, Kyte turned directly towards the one that would open its door, hearing someone fumble with the handle, and then heard the screech. It was annoying.

Interesting. I can't sense the metal anymore. Was it the screech?

Kyte furrowed his brow as soldiers and a boy emerged, the soldiers all aiming at him with laser-sight automatic weapons. Kyte didn't seem the least bit threatened.

No...it's meant to hurt and disorient. Mostly human species, I imagine. It can't disable powers. That must mean it's a suppression field. Quite curious that they could come up with the technology; though I'm sure the sudden appearance of us in their city isn't comforting.

The boy addressed him as a citizen, remarking how late the night was for Kyte to be out and about, and apologized for being so rude in his introduction, carrying on with it as Ares Ryker. He said he was the new Alacritas military commander, and said they had caught his little display of powers on cameras laced throughout the city. He said he was looking for Kyte's help, trying to enforce the safety of their people. To do that he said they would need his blood and a description of his powers.

Kyte observed his fingernails, before noticing the silence, indicating the boy was done speaking. He smiled, dropping his hand.

"Ares Ryker. Interesting name, especially the personal one. Ares, the Greek god of war. Unless you've actually seen combat, I'd say this would be the first time in your life that the name actually suits you. Because, you see, there's a few corrections that need to be made on your analysis.

One, I'm not a citizen. I do not reside within Alacritas, though it's a nice place. City noise isn't much for me.

Speaking of which...you're on private property. I paid your government quite a pretty penny to make this land mine, and the terms were quite clear. Ares was a fitting name for you, boy, because I can't kill you for trespassing. I'm required to give you a warning first. Ignore this warning and I will slaughter the lot of you without a second thought. I appreciate your desire to protect your city and country; really, I feel the same way about my family. But I don't appreciate you running up to me half-cocked with a platoon of soldiers armed to the teeth and looking at me down their sites.

If you're going to apologize for being rude, do it right, and lower your weapons.

Onto the final matter, I have no problem giving you a description of my powers. You could have just asked. The simplest explanation of my powers that detail them is as follows:"

Suddenly, a brief, but loud, metal screeching sound was heard, as Kyte suddenly disappeared from Ares's sight, and reappeared inside the opened humvee with his hand through the device that robbed him of his powers. However, if there was simply a labeled "off" switch, he wouldn't destroy it, and therefore the only sound Kyte would have made was when he spoke next.

"Out of your league.

I'm sorry to have to be so rude
    on this matter, but I believe this infringes on my personal rights. You may not understand, but to someone like me, it's like having a gun pointed at them...that destroys your very soul.

Now I'll make myself very clear. According to the rules I had on the deed, which were agreed to, I'll let you leave here unscathed if you leave right now. You can stay, too, but guns aren't a nice way to talk to people; especially not to me. I want them in a pile in the center of these vehicles if you want to talk.

But if I so much as hear a click of one of your men's guns going into a position to fire, I will paint these trees red with your blood. I think it's only fair."
    EventMaster
    EventMaster
    Admin

Experience : 15

Post by EventMaster Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:27 am

Commander Ares wasn't happy to see the obvious lack of enthusiasm from his first target. I mean, he wasn't expecting people to be too excited at the start about his plan, but he'd hoped they'd at least give it a moment to think about it. When the man disappeared from sight, the soldiers seemed baffled, a few even fired rounds off at where the man had been standing, obviously hitting nothing but dirt. Ares let out an exasperated sigh as the target appeared in the car, his hand through the stereo. Ares held the device up in his own hand, though it wasn't there before, showing that he'd managed to remove it from the car faster than the target had managed to get into the car. Luckily the device wasn't very big, almost like a T.V. remote.

"Now you're just being backwards, sir. You say you're not a citizen then babble on about your personal rights as if you are a citizen."

Ares shrugged anyways, signalling for his men to put their weapons down. The followed the order immediately. He then pulled a cigarette out of his pocket, revealing something strange on his arm. It was a metal that seemed to follow the contours of his bone, it would have been hard to notice if not for the moonlight shining off it. As he lit the cigarette, he glanced to the sky with a frown. It looked like it was about to rain.

"I'm a civil man, though. I like to start off as nothing less than polite... and I do think you're right. Your powers are out of my league. On a good day. That's why I have to use cute little tricks like this device to keep up with you monsters, heh."

Ares simply walked towards one of the other vehicles, slightly dejected at the targets refusal to cooperate, but he wasn't ready to confront the man in violence yet. It was one thing to be in the zone he'd secured and planned out, knowing he was relatively safe here, but he wasn't about to go into the lions den and try and negotiate inside of the targets home. That was asking for trouble, and Ares was a smart man who refused to be duped so easily.

"I want you to know though, I do prefer things to be civil, but there's going to be a point where I might come here with less... kind intentions than that. When that happens, just know... I tried to be civil."

Ares opened the door to the humvee that was behind his target, and loitered a bit. It was clear he had no intentions of fighting. At least not yet.

"But since you don't want to help me with the blood thing yet, could you do something else for me? Next time you see someone with powers, let them know that I'll be coming for them, and if they want things to be civil, they'd just follow what their government says and register themselves. It really is for their own protection. And just in case you change your mind, here's my card. You can keep that car, as an apology for 'trespassing', though I recommend you work on some citizenship papers before tossing around accusations about violating your personal rights."

Ares pulled a business card out of his back pocket and flicked it towards the target, knowing that with his inhuman speed he'd have no trouble catching it. Immediately after, the unoccupied car became filled with soldiers, and the men in the woods scattered, fleeing towards the city. The first car drove passed Ares, who kept his eyes on the target. He waved, using the device that was robbing the man of his powers instead of his hand.

"See you around, hopefully."

Ares gave a dark smile before shutting the door to the vehicle and driving off himself. As he vanished far out of of the targets range, the man would notice the slow return of his powers as he slipped out of the area of effect.
    Avytrius
    Avytrius
    Admin

Post by Avytrius Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:56 pm

Even at Kyte's repressed rate of movement speed, the child moved as a blur. Kyte raised an eyebrow as he sat in the car, and crushed the stereo with his hand.

Someone faster than even me? And a kid, no less. Things are only getting more interesting in this city.

As Ares accused him of being backwards by prattling on about personal rights when he wasn't a citizen, Kyte got back out of the car as the men lowered their weapons, walking right up to the kid. The kid started smoking, and Kyte noticed the metal part of his arm, grinning. Ares rambled on to say he did like being polite, and that Kyte's powers were out of his league, and that was why he had to use things like a power suppression field to get on equal footing with him.

He continued saying he wanted to be civil, and that at some point in the near future, he would come back with less kind intentions. Kyte laughed darkly.

Boy, for a child, I was starting to think you might be a bit more than the flea on the dragon's hide, but you're truly proving to be as ignorant as any child on this planet. If this is a human's definition of civil, then I think Alacritas is going to burn to the ground before long. You want to come here, in the middle of my woods; my home, blackmailing me and calling it civil? Your name truly is fitting for trying to spark a war with me, child.

Ares asked him to inform other people with powers that they should register with the government and submit to it. He began to toss the card, but Kyte appeared before him before it even left his hand, grabbing it, and looking down at Ares with a blaze in his eyes.

If people such as I need to be residents of your city to have rights, then I will burn it to the ground and make it my own. Since you want to toss papers around...if you want to show up on my property again, you'll need papers for your weapons and your equipment. As I mentioned before, this is my land. The highest tier of possession belongs to me. Alacritas has no rights to it anymore.

Kyte pointed down the road, grinning.

Yes, hopefully we meet again...I look forward to going for your jugular.

As Ares left, Kyte listened to the vehicles as they drove away, waiting until his powers started coming back.

Minimal effect distance...one kilometer.

Kyte continued waiting, tapping his foot as he focused, still listening to the cars as his powers ebbed in might.

Maximum effect distance...three kilometers. Interesting...Shugo, Kyte announced in a powerful, commanding tone. His sister would soon be here, for they had much to discuss.
    Scourge
    Scourge

Experience : 41

Post by Scourge Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:47 pm

It did not take long. In fact, only mere moments after Kyte had spoken in his clear, resounding tone, the branches above his head shuddered and yielded to the foreign shape that dropped down. The figure landed in a crouch and soon enough, smoothly rose into a standing position. Two narrowed crimson eyes leered at Kyte in mock irritation. Wearing the usual; a pair of acid-worn Daisy Dukes and a tight black tank top with a loose fitting, off the shoulder black t-shirt on top, the figure planted a pair of slim hands on rounded hips.

In one swift movement, every ounce of mystery and glamour shattered as a fly buzzed near the figure, and it exploded to life, dashing to take cover near Kyte.

Kill it! Kill it!

Without even giving him a chance to respond she yelped as the winged bug whizzed close to her again.

For the sweet Sin of Satan!

She howled, diving away. Hiding behind a tree, she waited until the fly went on it's merry way before she peeked out. It was clear by the hazed look in her eye that she was at least a little tipsy, which no doubt explained the erratic behavior.

...Not that Shugo had a tendency to be predictable.

Clearing her throat, she flipped a lock of crimson hair out of her dark eyes and tilted her head, speaking with feigned reverence.

You beckoned?

Once again she assumed a more confident position, arms crossing her frame beneath her chest. No doubt she was teasing him, but in all fairness, Shugo had shown up exactly when she had been called. No surprise there. Shugo had only made the mistake of getting on her brother's bad side once. Never again. A blatantly cocky smirk turned up the end of her lips, which she had to force into a pout to legitimize the mood of her next statement.

I'm disappointed. I thought I was your favorite, and only freeloader!
    Avytrius
    Avytrius
    Admin

Post by Avytrius Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:03 am

Shugo arrived promptly, a characteristic which Kyte admired of Shugo, standing regally as any Sinaura should. There was work to be done.

As she started worrying about a fly, signifying she had been drinking, Kyte scanned the area for any surveillance equipment the men may have installed for a three kilometer radius. If he found any, he destroyed them remotely, before collecting all of their metal scraps, and transforming the metal knife in his shirt back into his mother's necklace.

Shugo was still carrying on about the fly.

Spoiler:

After the fly was dealt with, Shugo immediately resumed her previous regal attitude, asking why he had called her here, and remarking that she was a bit disappointed he had let another freeloader onto the property.

That was not a freeloader, dear sister. That was a trespasser, he hissed. And because of their transgressions, we now have work to do. I need Sairen as well.

If Kyte's family was in danger, he didn't let them be threatened for too long. He rolled up the sleeve of his suit, as he changed in appearance. He attained more pronounced canines, giving the appearance of sharper teeth, and his hair became jet black, before he sprouted a claw, cutting open his wrist and letting blood drop. As he bled, the drops were swallowed up by shadows.

The Road to Nowhere Anime-boy-with-black-hair-tumblr-goth

It appears coming to Alacritas was a more interesting venture than I had anticipated. My household and quite a number of people within Alacritas are in danger. Perhaps because of my pride. Whether I'm the cause for it or not...

After a few drops, the bleeding stopped, and Kyte took a few steps back. Shugo would know this as a means to summon Sairen, or Koku, as he was commonly referred to by the Sinaura household. No blood would be left behind, for all of the blood expended had been used to summon his presence. He slowly rose from the ground, molded in shadows, before the shadows burst open, revealing his form, and went back to the ground, returning to normal. He appeared as a man with brown hair, and also in a suit, with a pleasant smile.

The Road to Nowhere Zombie-loan-shiba-reiichir-img

...I'll watch the whole world burn for my family. Augmentum, Kokuyouseki.

Thank you, sir. What was it that you needed?

Any trespassers on the property without approved papers from me to be here are to be warned to leave. If they don't vacate the premises in five minutes, execute them.

Yes, sir.

I want landmines of the "Fuck your day up" variety every square foot in a 500 foot radius around the manor. Attune them to detonate around anyone that doesn't have my family's specific genetic signature. They will also need our exact biomass as identification.

Yes, sir. Will there be anything else?

Yes. This forest is mine. Not only the forest, but the ground below it and the air above it. Including the atmosphere. I want an electronic scrambler for any satellites trying to observe the manor or my woods. I also want magical barriers around the manor.

Very good, sir.

Sairen faded back into the shadows, going about his duties. Kyte turned to Shugo once more.

There is much to be done. Have you been watching Asami today?

Kyte put his hands in his pockets.
    Scourge
    Scourge

Post by Scourge Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:06 am

Kyte summoned Koku, gave the man a plethora of instructions, and then turned back her her and asked her about Asami.

Oh. Asami. Right.

Shugo felt the acute need to cover her guilty expression, so she substituted in a monotone grimace, as if the buzz was wearing off and she was getting bored. Although, she did have to answer anyway. Sighing, she was lost in quiet contemplation before she nonchalantly shrugged her shoulders and piped up idly.

I think she said she was heading into the City. Honestly? I was drinking.

Shugo wasn't the responsible type. She made a terrible babysitter, and she could barely even remember if Asami had announced her departure or not. Oh well. Best guesses were the best Shugo could offer at the moment.
    Avytrius
    Avytrius
    Admin

Post by Avytrius Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:54 am

Kyte waited for Shugo to answer him as he drummed his fingers boringly on his arm. She was hesitating. Despite how much that frustrated him, he waited, until she finally piped up and said Asami may have told her she was going into Alacritas. When Kyte raised an eyebrow at the use of the word may in that sentence, Shugo added that she had been drinking.

Yeah, I noticed. Don't worry Shugo; she's nearly an adult now. You and I have taught her well. But if at some time in the near future I ask you to watch her, please do so sober.

Kyte flipped open a black cell phone with red detail, dialing a number. It was untraceable due to Kyte's resources, and no one should have been able to listen in on it unless they were on the other end. He was calling Asami. If she picked up, he of course would speak.

Asa-chan? It's me. I want you to come home immediately. Don't panic, but please be quick about it. And don't show any of your talents in the city. I love you, goodbye.

Kyte would at least wait for a response before hanging up.
    Scourge
    Scourge

Post by Scourge Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:40 pm

Shugo grunted in response. Oh how she loathed babysitting. Well, she would do it anyway. The kid was family after all.

She idly listened to her brother as he dialed Asami and told her to come home, and as he clicked the phone shut after her response, Shugo's stomach rumbled loudly. Eyes narrowing, she huffed in an irritable manner. The crimson part of her eyes flickered black for a split second, and in that moment, a wispy figure appeared beside her.

Standing tall, with shoulders reaching Shugo's chest, the hound-esque frame made a quick, curious loop around Shugo's legs, as if trying to figure out why it was there, and then turned it's slitted red eyes on Shugo.

A hungry smile twinged the corners of Shugo's lips. This could kill two birds with one stone. Or... one human and one problem at least. The wolf, wreathed in shadows, gave it's dark pelt a shake and growled in response. Shugo blinked at her companion and grinned, at which the canine grinned in a wolfish manner.

Ezaopn, go raise some Hell. Oh. And bring me some food too? If you think you're being closely followed, then just disappear.

Ezaopn turned and vanished into the shadowy undergrowth of the forest. Shugo might be drunk, but hunger, as with any predator, made her acutely aware of circumstances. Ezaopn could go out, cause some trouble, divert the attention of the strange man who had visited earlier, and on top of that, she would get some food. If Ezaopn got into a sticky situation, the hound could always just vanish without a trace.
    RoyLancaster
    RoyLancaster
    Admin

Experience : 120

Post by RoyLancaster Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:41 pm

I pulled up with my charge to this fancy schmancy house in the middle of the forest. At least, I considered it fancy schmancy, because it was bigger than my little hut, which to be completely honest, wasn't that far from here. I wondered how I didn't know this place existed until now.

Alright, here we are. Outta the car, please, I gotta head home real quick. It's not far from here, so I shouldn't be long.

Once they had exited, I pulled out (lul) and headed home. There was something I needed to check on.
    Bloo
    Bloo
    Admin

Experience : 160

Post by Bloo Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:58 pm

Kaname was more than happy to finally be out of the city. He knew he could take pain well, his childhood taught him that, but that didn't changed that it was hard to pretend that his leg wasn't burning with pain. Mattress Man had dropped them off a little ways from the house, the road that led up to it seemed a little long for a one legged man, but he hoped he could get Asami to finish healing him when they got out. He opened the door behind him and eased his way backwards, careful not to let Asami drop, or move his leg too much. When he finally did make it out of the vehicle, he immediately stumbled back and tripped, falling against a tree and hitting his head. He rubbed the back of his head with a frown on his face.

"Ow. I think it's safe to say there isn't any more cameras here. I'd appreciate some more healing, if you got it in ya."

Again, Kaname was trying his best to be polite. He was in a good deal of pain, though, and manners was quickly falling to the bottom of his list of important things to worry about. He looked ahead, up the road, as he untied his jacket, revealing the wound. The rain was washing the blood away as he inspected it. The bullet seemed to go clean through, luckily. It'd hurt to have to remove that. Next he undid the shirt around his leg. Both pairs of clothes were tattered and stained, so he figured they were unusable and tossed them aside. Ahead on the road, he could see a small gathering of people. He didn't figure they were too threatening, based on the fact that one looked like a butler and probably the others lived there. Were they out looking for Asami? Kaname pointed to them, looking up to the girl.

"Friends of yours?"

He asked, hoping they were because he wasn't really up for another fight just yet.
    Scourge
    Scourge

Post by Scourge Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:23 pm

Asami quickly removed herself from the car, and rushed over to Kaname as he stumbled and bonked his head. Good thing she was here, because there were many more trees to clock his head on where that came from. She was crouched beside him before he had even finished speaking, hands pressed to his chest as she once again began healing him. Luckily, now it would just be a matter of stitching the sinews of flesh back together to make it like new. Of course, there would be more pressure and discomfort, seeing as this was a matter of mending wounded flesh by bringing it back together, forcing it to heal more rapidly than it would if left alone.

In her haste, she did not even notice her Father and Aunt until Kaname pointed them out. She sighed quietly. What a sight they must have been. Both splattered with Kaname's blood and disheveled looking, Asami's hand pressed to Kaname's chest. Hopefully her dad would accept the situation gracefully, and without too many questions. She focused on the healing while idly replying to Kaname.

My Father and My Aunt.

- - -

Shugo peered down the road. Abruptly her elbow nudged into Kyte's forearm, and she pointed to the bloody pair of teens down the road. Pink hair. That had to be Asami. And.. a stranger. A heavy growl rose in her throat. Shugo did not play well with strangers.

Without waiting for her brother, she stalked towards the pair, practically seething with territorial loathing. She really couldn't help it. It was the more primal part of her, the dumber part that was always shouting 'Mine!' in her head like a greedy child.

Asami!

She barked, her posture set sturdy, eyes narrowed and locked on the newcomer like an attack dog.

Who is this?

Not like it was her right to be making demands. This wasn't even her land. ...Heck, she was quite literally the freeloader of the family. Although, Shugo looked quite ready to rip Kaname to shreds.
    Avytrius
    Avytrius
    Admin

Post by Avytrius Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:31 pm

Kyte looked down the road at the newcomers who had dropped off Asami, before the car drove away. Kyte saw that it was the man who had offered him a business deal from before, but was too late to stop him without causing injury.

Damn it. I needed to speak to him. But I see the boy from earlier as well, so perhaps Asami has done a great deal of good.

Shugo approached Asami and the boy, Kyte alongside her, as he noticed that Shugo was starting to growl. Sairen appeared again, signifying that he had completed all of his duties already. Kyte and Shugo now stood a few feet from Asami and the boy.

No need for hostility, Shugo. Asami is clearly healing the boy. Otherwise he'd be dead already. As you remember, Asa-chan has had many suitors...and I've planted just as many dumbass trees.

It's odd you should happen to visit, boy. I'm Asami's father. You met me a few hours ago at that car accident, where I talked to your friend. This is my sister, Shugo. Forgive her hostility, she doesn't like strangers on our property. Neither do I.

I'm about to have a discussion with my family. You're welcome to join us. But I need you to answer honestly...do you have a special ability? For if you do, there's information I need to share with you.

Kyte slipped his hands into his pockets, doing another scan for any surveillance equipment. He could now feel the landmines a few kilometers off towards the manor.
    Bloo
    Bloo
    Admin

Post by Bloo Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:41 pm

Kaname wasn't sure whether he should laugh at or pity the older lady who was... well, acting a lot like a bitch. A bitch as in a dog. She was growling and barking words like a true animal. He wasn't quite sure what to make of it, so he decided to keep his mouth shut. He focused his attention to the more intelligent of the two, completely disregarding the woman named Shugo. When he listened to the man, who didn't give a name, but introduced himself as Asami's father, Kaname could find himself getting a little defensive. He didn't like the way the man walked, spoke, or even stood. He especially hated being referred to as "boy". The name in itself was just degrading. Kaname found himself frowning, his whole body tensing as the man kept going, calling him boy again. Kaname decided now was the time to stand up, also not liking the fact that he was looking down at him just to see him. His injuries seemed rather fine now, and he glanced down to the girl as he rose. He offered her his hand to help her up.

"Thanks, Asami. I think I can manage from here."

He said sincerely then turned his attention back to her father. He said they'd met at the crash site with mattress man, but Kaname could only remember seeing the redhead soldier there. The next thing he noticed was that the man was wearing the same clothes as the redhead soldier. So this guy was just another person with powers.

"I kinda remember you looking different. Redhead. Did you go off and dye your hair?"

Kaname asking, a bit of an accusing tone in his voice. What kind of a full grown man still dyed his hair back like some teenager going through a depression about not getting a date for prom?

"I'm guessing that since you're asking that question, you have some powers too. Then I'm sure we both have information for each other. Maybe we can piece this puzzle together and figure out something new, eh?"

Kaname flicked his wet hair out of his eyes. He noticed that the rain was no longer hitting him. Old habits died hard.
    Scourge
    Scourge

Post by Scourge Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:26 pm

Shugo was no fool. She knew when she wasn't being taken seriously. The most notable sign? The person would always shrug her off and look for someone more reasonable. In this case? Her brother. This is why she hated other people. Her eyes flashed black, and back to crimson, and in that moment she recalled her companion to her. Ezaopn stood silently beside her. Instead of fur, he was transparent and whispy like a blackened fog. She couldn't exactly tell the kid off, since he hadn't directly insulted her, but that didn't mean she had to like him. Or trust him. Or even mildly welcome him. Ezaopn dropped something in front of Shugo. Something wrapped in cloth. She picked it up and crossed her arms impatiently. The clothe began to tint red with blood, but Shugo did not seem to care.

- - -

Asami took his hand and stood up, dusting off her blood stained clothes. Although, it was more of a habit than anything, considering the ground was saturated with rain, and there was no dust to cling to her clothes to begin with. She listened with curiosity to her father and Kaname spoke. After Kaname had replied to her dad in full, Asami stepped forward and placed a hand on Kaname's shoulder and squeezed once. She stood beside him and peeked around so she could look at his face. Her pastel pink hair clung to her cheeks, shoulders, and back, but Asami didn't look like she minded. A warm, reassuring smile crossed her lips before she carefully said.

"You can trust us. I promise."

Asami wanted to make sure he knew that. After speaking she released his shoulder and hurried to her father, hugging him tightly and then standing beside him, smiling warmly. She intentionally ignored the bloody bundle Shugo held. Asami had a feeling that she knew what it was, and she didn't want to ask and then end up seeing it.
    Avytrius
    Avytrius
    Admin

Post by Avytrius Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:39 am

Kyte grinned slightly as Kaname arose and addressed him, remarking in an accusatory tone that Kyte seemed to have dyed his hair different from red this time. Interesting. Kyte thought for a bit in confusion. Why would he be accusatory of that? He had done nothing...

Oh, Kyte thought, holding back laughter, his grin only increasing a few centimeters. He's making a jab. Cute.

Ah yes, I remember my hair was blood red at the time. Well you see, young man, most people view time as a linear progression of cause and effect. But, in quite a contradiction to popular belief, it's more of a giant ball of wibbly wobbly...we don't have time for this. Let's just say no, I didn't dye my hair. Blood red hair sticks out a lot more than jet black, and I'd prefer people not to pay much attention to me in Alacritas.

Kyte straightened a bit as Asami ran over to him. He suddenly smiled warmly, embracing his daughter. From the smile, it seemed he was rarely ever this happy.

My Asa-chan...I'm glad you're safe. We have much to discuss.

Speaking of which, I don't like being called boy; no one should. You can call me Kyte, or Avy. Now that I've offered my name first, I'd like yours, because in retrospect of current events, I think we're going to be getting to know more about each other anyways. I assume you've encountered a snotty little shit by the name of Ares?

With his family secured, things would be going much more pleasantly for him.
    RoyLancaster
    RoyLancaster
    Admin

Post by RoyLancaster Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:30 am

I reappeared in my car, parking it lazily and flinging myself out of it, throwing my arms up in a dramatic pose, holding my chin high. I... Have returned.

Strutting forward, I saw what seemed like a gathering of both familiar and unfamiliar faces. The assassin kid seemed to be doing somewhat better. There were two girls as well, one of which I knew nothing about and the other who looked vaguely familiar. I could have sworn I had seen her face before, but from where...? Oh well, it wasn't going to bother me all too much if I couldn't remember. The same went for the fourth person, the other man besides my assassin. Familiar face, but no clue where from. The details wouldn't bother me regardless however.

So is this a party or what? I said as I approached. I'm glad you didn't start 'till I got back. I woulda been sooo sorely depressed if you had.
    Bloo
    Bloo
    Admin

Post by Bloo Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:33 am

Kaname could feel his rage spiking as he looked at Asami's father. He was doing a poor job hiding the fact that he wanted to laugh. He wanted to laugh at Kaname. He forced his hands into his pockets, his fists clenched tightly as the air around Kaname seemed to reveal his mood. The wind picked up noticeably, sending a quick chill across the forest. Honestly, Kaname didn't even care enough to listen to the mans explanation for why he dyed his hair. Interest was lost.

Fuckin' prick...

Kaname thought to himself, his teeth gritting and jaw clenched as he tried his best to look apathetic. He doubted he was doing very well in that respect. Kaname was never good at hiding his rage, and usually it didn't settle until there was bloodshed.

"You can trust us. I promise."

The second the words left Asami's mouth Kaname couldn't help but give a disbelieving grunt. He'd heard that line way too many time in his life to be stupid enough to fall for it again. He started to question why he was even here still. Did he really need these people to help him take down some Commander on a power trip..?

Immediately the scene in the alley replayed in his head, remembering how pathetic and defenseless Kaname was to their power. He let out a small sigh of defeat as he listened to the rest of Kyte's speech, especially annoyed with the fact that he admitted he knew the word boy was insulting, despite the fact that he had already called him that twice. This bastard was being openly rude, and he knew it. Again, the question went through Kaname's head as to why he was trying so damn hard to be civil to these arrogant bastards when they clearly gave no effort. His eyes glanced to the girl next to Kyte and he let out another sigh of defeat. What was wrong inside his head these days?

The sound of a car snapped Kaname back into reality, and he say Mattress Man return to the scene. He gave a halfhearted wave to the tardy attendant.

"You're right. Nobody likes being called boy. So you probably shouldn't go around calling people that. My name is Kaname Godfrey. You can call me Kaname."

There was an edge to his voice, it was clear that he was irritated, even though he'd tried his best to hide it. He knew he didn't fit in with these snobs, and it was stupid of him to try. He grew up on the streets, alone, with nothing. This pampered rich family and him just wouldn't click. He figure they all thought they were better than him. Even the girl, Asami, though she was damned good at hiding it. He wanted to leave, he really really did... but instead he settled for a firm frown.

"...yeah, I've met that guy. He took my blood, and I plan on taking his life. Did he use the device on you? I-... We managed to get our hands on the one he used on me. It's not in the best condition anymore, probably not gonna be able to reverse engineer it, but maybe we can scrape some info off of it."

He spoke quickly, trying to avoid eye contact and remain logical instead of emotional. That's what the doctors had told him triggered his outbursts of power, his emotions. Even now he was struggling to control them. Avoiding eye contact was proving to be hard, he found himself glancing back at Asami every once in a while. He wasn't sure what to call this feeling he had, but he wasn't liking it. Everyone was looking at him, standing alone against the tree. He felt... alone. He'd been alone before, he'd spent most of his life alone, but he never really knew what it was like to feel alone...

He pushed the stupid thought aside, trying again to figure a way to take the new Commander down.

"He has cameras in the city, he'd see an attack coming before it could ever hit. I think the best opening strategy would be attacking those. Guerrilla warfare. He's got an army, and doesn't seem to be a complete idiot. He's probably preparing for us to try and take him head on. Hell, even if he isn't, I don't make a habit of underestimating my opponents. Speaking of... I should have asked. You're after this guys head too, right?"
    Scourge
    Scourge

Post by Scourge Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:10 am

Blood now dripped onto the grass from the 'package' that Shugo held. It took the length of the conversation so far for the small frame to bleed out, at which point she handed the thing back to Ezaopn. She would eat later. For now, this conversation seemed to be getting...interesting.

Whilst Ezaopn plopped onto his haunches, Shugo returned her attention to the 'Kaname' kid. Fine. If he was going to help, than she might as well passively join in the exchange. Finger tips bloody from holding the bundle, she put her hands on her hips in a bored manner, and listened attentively.

When it came to the cameras, she briefly considered Ezaopn, since she could make multiple clones and destroy all the cameras at once, blinding Ares' camera view of their movements. She did not speak up on this plan though. If her brother wanted her help with the cameras, he would ask.

Her gaze idled to the man who had gotten out of the car, and after a mild blink, she looked back to her brother and Kaname as they conversed.

- - -

Asami, although she now stood beside her father, still smiled brightly across the gap at Kaname. Her gifts weren't exactly the most useful in this situation, in fact... they would really only be a hindrance. She could always heal if one of them was injured--

...Beside her she could hear the sound of Ezaopn; Shugo's shadow wolf, gnawing on the drool soaked top of the bundle. It made a disgusting noise, like a puppy chewing on a wet tennis ball. She did her best to ignore it at first, but it got to the point where she could hardly even hear herself think. Om nom nom nom, gnaw, chew, snort. Asami had a very high tolerance for things like this, and it was near impossible to make her angry or frustrated, but now, for the second time today, she lost her temper.

Looking notably cross she stepped out of the line and approached Ezaopn, who passed Asami an apathetic look before going back to his chewing. Asami reached out a hand, focused her energy into the tip of her index finger, and jabbed it right between Ezaopn's eyes. The shadow beast only had enough time to let out a shocked yelp before it vanished, and the bloody bundle fell to the ground.

Seemingly satisfied, she returned to her spot beside her father, leaving Shugo to brood. This wasn't the first time she had dispatched the crass Ezaopn, either.

Mood level again, she turned her pastel cyan eyes on Kaname, and she couldn't help but smile innocently.

Kaname had mentioned the remote. Oh, Right!

She reached into her small satchel and extended the remained of the remote control out to her father. She was sure it could be fixed.

I picked it up as Kaname and I were leaving. I figured you might want to see it up close without being suppressed.

Asami shrugged and smiled. An mundane smile turned up the edges of her lips. Putting herself and Kaname in the same sentence just sounded right. She had felt this before, but had always assumed it was a feeling of friendship. But maybe...--she shook off the thought and looked to her father's face to see his reaction.
    Avytrius
    Avytrius
    Admin

Post by Avytrius Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:56 pm

Kyte turend to the other side of the road, seeing the man from earlier that night pull up in his car again. He walked out in a dramatic fashion, proclaiming that he was here, which actually caused Kyte to chuckle a bit. Now that was amusing.

He said that he was glad they hadn't started anything without them, and said he would have been miserable otherwise, asking if it was a party that they were throwing.

Well I wouldn't call it a party...but a gathering, nonetheless. Thank you for joining us, now we can begin.

He turned back to Kaname as he agreed with him, saying he should go around calling people boy, and introducing himself as Kaname Godfrey.

Yes, I can see you're very touchy about that. I'm sorry. I don't really talk to other people much. They annoy me. Ares Ryker certainly hasn't changed that opinion.

Kyte's eyes trailed off onto Asami as she suddenly walked to Ezaopn's manifested form, dispersed it, and then took her place by his side once more. However, he didn't stop listening to Kaname the entire time as he said he, too, had been visited by Ares.

She's been more irritable lately. Perhaps we should talk later.

He turned to Kaname as he continued, saying Ares had taken his blood and that he was going to kill him for it. He asked Kyte if he had been a victim of the device, and said that they had managed to reclaim one of the devices, which caused Kyte's eyes to widen. He remained silent as Kaname said he doubted they could reverse engineer it, and Asami approached him with the pieces, saying he might want to see it without it being used on him. He smiled, hugging Asami close.

...thank you, Kaname Godfrey. And thank you, my beloved daughter. I am so proud of you. You should know that you've done a huge part in protecting your family.

He let go of her to turn back to Kaname as he said an attack on the city would be disadvantageous due to all of the cameras throughout the city. He recommended taking them out before they tried anything. He said Ares seemed pretty smart, and that he was probably preparing.

You're a smart guy. Good. We need plenty of smart people.

Kyte took another look at all present.

This is where our discussion starts. Sister, Asa-chan, Kaname...I haven't learned your name yet, sir. Would you mind telling me? You can call me Kyte or Avy. Kyte waited for Roy to introduce himself, and then moved on. Roy. Just to get everyone on the same page, Kaname, Kaname and I were approached by someone named Ares Ryker. He's part of the Alacritas military. I own this land as you well know, Shugo, Asami, so I convinced him to leave. I'm guessing Kaname had no such luck...not to rip on your misfortune, Kaname.

His goals are as follows: the registration of everyone with special abilities, along with a blood sample and a description of what they can do. He's not afraid to use force to accomplish these goals. He may not have harmed be, but he threatened to come back to the manor. With force. I won't stand for any possible threat against my family.

He turned to Kaname and Roy.

They are what is most precious to me. I put them before anything else. Including the rest of humanity. I would burn Alacritas to the ground in order to protect them. But I'm not unsympathetic. I know there are many others threatened out there, including you both. They saw all four of us on camera a few hours ago. He turned to Kaname. That means your other friend, too. You obviously displayed whatever your power was before I got there. If your friend did, they'll be coming for her, too, and you need to either get her out, or tell her.

I'll lend rooms to those who need them. If you guys want to stay here, that's fine, but I have conditions. Any questions so far?
    Bloo
    Bloo
    Admin

Post by Bloo Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:38 pm

Kaname wasn't sure if it was the not-so-subtle clues that he had given off that signaled he was upset, or if Kyte really wasn't an asshole, but he cleaned up his act significantly. This actually brought a slight grin to Kaname's features, and his fists uncurled in his pockets. he took a deep breath, turning his attention back to the group, though his eyes still mostly wandered over to the girl, Asami. If Kaname was honest, he was a little jealous of the family. He wasn't able to remember his, though he wasn't sure he wanted to. They did cast him out the second he gained his powers.

"Then we should move on the city tomorrow morning, preferably early. There's no way Ares could have planned on us getting organized so quickly. We should focus on separate areas though, just in case he's prepared for us, we'd at least thin his forces out amongst us and hopefully be able to escape and regroup, instead of having his full force on one group of people, who would have no chance at escape. It'd be nice if we could set up some safe havens in the city, so we can keep an ear to the ground and hopefully get more information on who we're dealing with. Our current method of gathering intel is awful, so getting a new one should be a high priority."

Kaname was tempted to say they should go and search the city tonight, in the cover of darkness, but he had to be honest with himself. He was tired and his leg still ached. If he ran into Ares or his men at anything less than his best, there was a more than reasonable chance that he wouldn't make it out alive. He thought to the girl in his apartment, knowing he should probably warn her at least. It'd have to wait for tomorrow, the day had been too long as it was, and they could all probably use a rest anyways. He turned his attention to Kyte, a little dejected that he had to ask for help, but he wasn't too upset about it.

"I could use a room for the night, if you got one to spare."

Kaname figured that'd be signal enough that he wanted to hear the rules. He hoped the man didn't ask him to do some damned chores, to pay for his stay... but he figured he couldn't complain too much. He'd never actually slept in a house. The closest he'd come was that shitty apartment he had in town. That was hardly a house.
    RoyLancaster
    RoyLancaster
    Admin

Post by RoyLancaster Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:17 am

Besides mentioning my name (Roy Marcus Lancaster, at my own service) I remained quiet through most of the discussion, which was quite unlike me. When I decided to interject, I raised my hand for attention, then spoke.

I don't know how much I can do tomorrow. I have a board meeting early in the morning in which I have to murder seven very wealthy and influential businessmen and take all of their power. I indicated to the assassin boy. That was actually what our business earlier was going to be about, but I have a feeling that certain contract won't necessarily be carried out. I'll still pay you as long as they die. I may be a horrible liar, but when they benefit me, I never renige on my deals. I clapped to indicate the ending of one thought and the beginning of another. So by midday tomorrow I will have become one of the top four most powerful men in Alacritas City (and, of course, by that, I mean the fourth most powerful).

What that also means, however, is that every single building under my control in that city will be a safehaven for us. If they're seeking blood, then I'm useless to them. I split my own hand open, waving it around. Nothing came out. I don't bleed. I don't think they'll care if I'm the one with all the buildings. As long as their attention is not on me, I can do whatever I want, which quite honestly, I think can be a boon to us. Given my talents, I can completely reroute all the power and security to yours truly, and keep the military completely out of my corporation space. That will give us quite a few places in Alacritas that will be under our control; one main skyscraper, three production factories each with two warehouses, and about twelve or thirteen retail outlets, all scattered through the city. We may be able to make use of that.

Now, I haven't met this general. He doesn't know I'm going to be 100% against him. And contrary to popular belief, I can be a pretty good fibber. If the whole "under the radar" thing with me doesn't pan out, what we can instead do is let me get buddy-buddy with him. That way, instead of forcing the military out of my control zones, they just won't bother coming in because they'll believe it's their own control zone. If I claim that I'm going to help him, and I need "A few men" or maybe "A look at those fancy machines you use," who knows what could happen? Maybe the men could go missing, maybe someone can swipe the machines and give them to the enemy. It's not my fault, I'm just a lowly businessman who can't lend my power to the great military's cause. And maybe, if you're all hiding in a warehouse on the edge of the city and I say "Hey, Mister General, come to this warehouse, there's something you need to see... Don't bother bringing guards, it's a secure warehouse..." Who knows what that could lead to.

I finished off with Also, if anyone needs a good place to sleep (cough cough the injured kid cough) I know a real good place that makes some pretty sweet mattresses.
    Scourge
    Scourge

Post by Scourge Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:34 am

Asami sheepishly interjected, tugging on the cloth of her father's shirt she murmured.

"Kaname stopped me from showing my powers. If he hadn't, then Ares would know about my powers too..."

At this point Asami was trying to earn Kaname some brownie points with her father, and she wasn't being subtle about it either. After another moment she turned her pastel cyan eyes on Kaname and smiled brightly. She just liked looking at him. Handsome... Asami mentally kicked herself. Her father wasn't kidding about the dumbass trees.

Well... There was of course some slight exaggeration, but many a boys who had tried to make a move on Asami had faced her fathers wrath. She had to distract herself. Smiling optimistically she chirped.

"I could always go out and deal with the cameras tonight? He doesn't know I have powers, so for all he knows I'm just a delinquent passerby!"

Asami giggled at the thought of herself as a delinquent. At least she knew enough about tinkering to disable the cameras and keep them disabled. Breaking the cameras would be too easy. The first instinct would be to replace them. By making them malfunction the goal would instead be to make and attempt to fix the devices first. Humans were so brilliantly obsessed with money, sometimes...

- - -

Shugo spoke in a civil tone for the first time during the exchange. Kaname had suggested getting a s new source of intel.

"Assuming they don't have their base, or their basement, or their closet; wherever these freaks hang out, rigged with power suppressors, then I can always send out Ezaopn."

She realized that Kaname might not understand what she meant.

"Ezaopn is the wolf you saw."

That was as much detail as she gave. She didn't trust the newcomer enough to say more on the topic. Shutout would've liked to be useful, but honestly she hoped they would shoot her offer down. She would rather sleep and booze up.

The man from the car went on a tangent, and she damn near fell asleep. Why were they still outside? It was raining. She was cold and bored. Irritated she looked at the man.

"I think it might be best if we all stay in one place for now, where we can pool our abilities."

She said it begrudgingly. Shugo was the last person who wanted company hanging around...
    Avytrius
    Avytrius
    Admin

Post by Avytrius Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:53 am

Kyte listened to Kaname as he said that they should probably strike in the morning, because Ares wouldn't expect them to have assembled so quickly. He also recommended splitting up in the city so that they could lead an assault on multiple fronts, thinning their ranks and offering a chance to escape and regroup, if needed. He also said they should get some safehouses and a better way of gathering intel. Kyte raised an eyebrow. He really was a smart kid.

Color me impressed. I'm starting to like you, Kaname. I agree.

Kaname said he could use a room until morning. It was then that Roy Lancaster piped up, saying that he had a great many ways that he could contribute to their little uprising. He did say, however, that he needed seven people killed to gain a lot of power, and that was the reason he had originally met with Kaname: to hire him as the assassin. He said with this power, though, every building that his company owned could become a safehouse for them, and that he could get close to the general while they were rebelling.

That sounds like a very good idea, Roy. And your power seems very interesting, and useful. So was I right in assuming that was your lower half in the car? Could you change into a completely different person? So that you could fight and lead the intelligence angle on two different fronts?

Asami suddenly piped in by saying that Kaname advised her not to use her powers in the city, and that otherwise, Ares would know about her. Kyte didn't respond, just looking at her with a gaze that said she shouldn't get on that subject for the moment.

He really is a nice kid. I don't want to kill him.

No brownie points.

Asami then suggested going out and dealing with the cameras that night. She said she would be inconspicuous.

No. If we take care of the cameras right now, he'll know something's up. Good suggestion though, Asa-chan.

Shugo spoke up, saying that if their base wasn't covered with the suppressors, then she could spend Ezaopn out to wreak havoc. She also said that it would probably be better to all stay in one place.

Yes, sister, I agree. But again, not tonight. During the assault tomorrow.

The rules for staying at my house are as follows.

My servants can attend to all your needs. They cook breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, and snacks whenever you want, on the occasions my wife doesn't cook. Sairen here is especially skilled, but he's like that with almost everything.

I don't want to come off as a dick, but any harm that comes to my servants, especially Sairen, is punishable by an ass whoopin'. And it goes without saying that if you harm my family, I'll personally kill you.

Now off of the somber note...just because you're living in my house doesn't make me your boss or your master. I'm not going to force you around. But I do expect some respect for the favor I'm doing you.

Now, just one final matter...I control metal. Not electromagnetism. I just control metal itself. I'm also sure you've seen Ezaopn, Shugo's shadow wolf. Asami...she can heal and nullify other's powers. That leaves you, Kaname. What exactly is it you can do?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:44 pm